“French Tech,” as it’s called by many, continues to become increasingly active as evidenced by the inauguration of 37Studio, the largest space for innovative startups specializing in “Software as a Service,” or SaaS.
(More pictures: http://bit.ly/1bMFOVZ)
Launched by eFounders, this space already hosts several startups in the heart of the Parisian neighborhood known as “Silicon Sentier” – the Silicon Valley of France. Amongst them:
* Mention, a media monitoring app for online reputation management.
* PressKing, a service for companies to manage their press and media relations.
* PAYMILL, a payment service provider to easily accept online and mobile payments.
* 99designs, world’s largest maketplace for graphic design with 270 000 designers.
* Wait a Moment, a startup reducing queues for companies and saving time for consumers.
* Front, a collaborative inbox for teams to work together on company emails.
* Aircall, the simple, powerful and collaborative phone system for entrepreneurs and companies.
All of these companies share the common goal of bringing software solutions to small and medium-sized enterprises. “Coming together in one place allows these companies to increase their visibility, as well as their interaction together, to position themselves vis-à-vis the U.S. giants in a market experiencing an explosion that could exceed $20 billion by 2015,” says Thibaud Elzière, founder of Fotolia and co-founder of eFounders.
While the startups of 37Studio have located their headquarters in Paris, they’re not hesitating to tackle the US market. For example, 50% of mention’s entire user base is already in the US, with the opening of an office there being planned for this year.
Emphasizing the dynamism of France’s current “Software as a Service” industry will no doubt be of interest to François Hollande, in the framework of his upcoming visit to Silicon Valley, the first time a French President has been to the region in 30 years.
Subscribe to Marketing + Monitoring Weekly
Get hot blog posts, insanely useful resources, and funny gifs every Friday.