We’re beyond excited to announce a new feature for Mention that we’ve been working on for quite some time: Geolocation.
You’ll find it under the Statistics & Exports section of your alerts, under a brand new category: “By Country.”
With this new feature, you’re now able to sort your mentions by location, opening a new window into audience insights and allowing you to improve your content and community strategies, as well as streamline your workflow and processes.
Here are a few ideas of how to use Mention’s new geolocation tools:
- Filter your mention feed to see mentions only coming from specific countries by clicking on the country you’d like to see on the world map. This also applies to other charts in the Statistics section, such as filtering between positive and negative mentions or between languages, days of the week, and more in a single click.
- Segment mentions and assign tasks to different team members — i.e. U.S. mentions to a salesperson in the U.S. and French mentions to a support person in France.
- Analyze and export what’s being said about your brand or topic of interest in different countries, and customize messaging accordingly.
- Show your team and/or clients where your biggest brand ambassadors and influencers are located, and allocate your marketing efforts accordingly.
- Gain a better understanding of where your audience is for expansion purposes.
- Know where your fans are when planning a tour if you’re a performer, author, or speaker. (We’re particularly excited about the possibilities of this use case!)
- See where the most mentions are coming from about a particular event, such as the World Cup:
As our world becomes increasingly global, it’s important to have an understanding of where your audience is. We hope with these new geolocation features, you’re able to gain the insights needed to develop targeted and meaningful communications strategies that will lead to increased awareness and brand mentions.
If you’re a Mention Business user, you can access your stats section from here directly.
We’re looking forward to hearing what you think!
Subscribe to Marketing + Monitoring Weekly
Get hot blog posts, insanely useful resources, and funny gifs every Friday.