You know what I love? Social media.
You know what else I love? Tech tools.
So I’m really excited to head up to Boston (Bah-ston?) for the Social Tools Summit next week!
What are you doing on Tuesday? Because you can join us too – from wherever you are. We got the okay to offer our readers a special discount (more on that below).
About Social Tools Summit
What I love about this conference is that it doesn’t divide things up into best practices and technology tracks. Everything is combined – the way it is in real life. Technology is part of your social media strategy, right? A huge part!
With speakers ranging from influencers and experts to reps from the tools you log into every day, you don’t just learn what you should be doing, but also what tools make it easiest.
What I’m excited to learn
I’m sure Tuesday is going to be full of back-to-back “a-ha moments” as we make our way from session to session.
Based on Mention’s current plan and my own skills, I think I’ll benefit most from a few sessions:
- The Future of Visual Social: I admittedly don’t spend much time with visual content – I love words and want to wrap myself in them all day, every day like a warm, fuzzy blanket. But I know my audience loves visuals, so I need to get caught up with what they want to see.
- Influence the Influencers Through Influencer Marketing: If you’ve read my writing before, you know why I’m excited for this. I’m just straight-up obsessed with influencer marketing and always want to learn more about it.
- Social Listening and Analytics – All About Data and What You Can Do with It: Social listening is the heart of what Mention does and what we care about. So this one will be a biggie!
Who I’m excited to see
The summit is bringing us some great speakers this year. I hate playing favorites, but of course there are a few I’m especially excited to see:
- Neal Schaffer: Duh. I’ve been following him for years, so hearing his insight in person instead of on Twitter should be a treat.
- Pawan Deshpande: Curata is one of my favorite content marketing blogs. They know how to have fun with their writing, which I love. I can’t wait to see that voice transfer over to an in-person event.
- Chris Penn: Thinking back, I think Chris has literally spoken at every marketing conference I’ve ever gone to – and I always enjoy his sessions.
Watch it yourself
Like I said before, this conference is Tuesday, April 12. That’s soon – it’s understandable if you can’t arrange to get there in time.
Luckily, you don’t need to. They’re also offering a streaming pass to the conference so you can gather your team in the conference room, pop some popcorn, and start learning.
And if you do make it to Boston, I’ll see you there!
But don’t go registering yet, because we have a special offer for you. Social Tools Summit was nice enough to give us the “okay” to offer a discount to our readers! For $100 off your pass, just enter “mention” when you register here.
Be in the know 📥
Sign up for The Mention Memo
Get the latest and greatest digital marketing
+ social media tips every week!