A marketing campaign doesn’t just work like that. Success doesn’t require magic and surely doesn’t happen overnight. It takes a lot of planning, strategizing, brainstorming, and just a tiny amount of luck for digital marketing agencies to make their campaign successful.
Having the right project management platform makes everything a lot easier.
In this blog post, you’ll find information on 8 tools that agencies should consider using to improve their ability to deliver to their clients.
8 Project Management Tools to consider
Starting with project management planning tools.
Marketing project plans include a lot of details.
Planning project phases and overseeing workflows is challenging. Project management plans are simple workflow timelines. It helps visualize what is important to complete a project, including tasks, deadlines, and resource requirements. With the proper implementation of all resources, marketing teams can plan their work, then work on their plan.
1. 10,000ft plans
10,000ft is now a part of Smartsheet. It’s a project and resource management software to help modern teams make confident decisions about project planning, team capacity, budget forecasting, and hiring needs in real time.
- Intuitive interface that makes resource planning an easy and enjoyable process.
- Highly visual analytics and powerful reporting tool to make confident decisions.
- Resource management to see who’s working on what.
- Create custom analytics reports by grouping and filtering the data.
- Quickly sketch out project phases, assignments, and budget.
Price: Basic: There are three plan options: annual, monthly, and pilot. Contact the team for more pricing details.
FunctionPoint is an integrated web-based project management software for creative teams. It is an all-in-one solution that helps teams connect each stage of project management. Users gain visibility into projects so they can quickly assess the progress of their projects.
- Smooth and easy communication and collaboration.
- CRM to store all information regarding clients, projects, and companies in a single location.
- Integrated invoicing keeps internal and external expenses straight and sorted out.
- Users can post projects and receive feedback in dedicated forums.
Price: The Starter plan is priced at $44 per user per month billed annually ($49 per user month-by-month) for 5-9 users. The Standard plan is $39 per user per month billed annually for 10-29 users, and the Pro plan is at $37 per user per month billed annually, for 30-49 users.
Digital marketers face some primary challenges including project management and effective communication. ProofHub, a project management software is a tool for marketers to plan, collaborate, organize, and deliver projects on time. And have clarity on projects, campaigns, discussions, and deadlines. You can access your marketing projects from everywhere using ProofHub’s intuitive mobile apps (Android and iOS).
- Calendar to make sure that any important activity or event does not slip away.
- Workflows and boards to simplify the way project managers assign tasks.
- Proofing tool to simplify the review process and ensure quick approvals.
- White-labelling to personalize your account to have your custom domain and have it in the color and theme of your marketing agency.
- Custom roles to assign a role to each team member, and give them access to information relevant to their role in the project.
- Task management tool to add tasks to the list, assign them and set a start and due date.
- Create timesheets, set estimates, log work hours, and review time spent by the teams on tasks.
Price: Ultimate control plan at $89 /month, billed annually, save 41% (limited time offer). Essential plan at $45 /month, billed annually (special discount on ProofHub’s Essential Plan for a nonprofit organization).
Now, silos are a big problem for marketing teams.
Marketing managers want their teams to collaborate effectively when working on marketing campaigns. As more people are added to projects in a digital marketing agency, teams can achieve results far beyond with collaboration tools.
Here are some of the best.
Brightpod is the need of the hour for marketers. By helping marketing project managers control their projects, it strives to make every day feel like a holiday. The platform offers web-based project management and time-tracking to take the chaos out of collaboration and planning.
- Visually track how projects are progressing. Progress bar with percentage helps organize, manage, and track all projects in one place.
- Integrations with key tools (such as Google Drive and Dropbox), which makes it easy to track the documents associated with each project.
- Insights tab that gives a lot of information about the number of projects, milestones, and tasks.
- The time and billable hours spent on each project can be tracked.
- In terms of reviewing and approving work, this tool does not show live comments and changes, which ProofHub and other tools do.
- Drag and drop calendar lets you and your team plan content across all your projects.
Price: Studio price $59 per month (popular). Agency Plan – $99 /month (14-day free trial on the Agency plan.)
5. iMeet Central
iMeet Central (formerly Central Desktop) is a web-based collaboration tool for marketers and agencies to have a better way to manage campaigns. This collaboration solution is packed with features that will make a cost-saving impact on your business.
- Specify project dependencies so you can easily shift due dates if tasks are completed late. Assign tasks to specific people or project roles manually or automatically using workflow rules.
- Online mood board for sharing inspiration between creative team members.
- Customizable workflows that will automatically assign tasks.
- Meetings feature to schedule events, upload notes, and share documents.
- Set priority tasks as high, medium, low or no priority, for color-coding, sorting and reporting.
- Adjust who can view files and folders (customize for your employees).
- A centralized feedback system that organizes comments and shows who has reviewed, approved, etc.
Price: $45/user/month for Marketers + Agencies, $25/user/month for Enterprise.
WorkflowMax is a full-featured project management system built to look after all your marketing management needs. It is incredibly flexible and customizable, which makes it a good choice across a wide range of industries.
- WorkflowMax and all the data stored can be accessed anytime and from anywhere.
- Keeps track of all expenses per project and helps you understand where profit is being earned.
- Receive notifications immediately when projects are running late.
- Create customized fields to better fit the individual needs of the agency.
- Build a client relationship effortlessly to get more business.
Price: $15/month (integrated lead management module) and $50/month (WorkflowMax premium).
Smart marketing agencies need a tool that can save serious time and provide better advice to the most important asset – clients. There are tools that can help track what people say about your clients online, and provide high-level data about social interactions.
Mention makes it easy for your agencies and brands to know what people say about them online. Mention is a social media management suite that helps brands and agencies to identify key conversations as well as to drive them. It lets them track any keyword on the web, on social media, forum and review sites.
With Mention, you can:
- Build brand awareness and improve your client’s online reputation,
- Compare share of voice against major competitors,
- See the reach of the marketing campaigns you’re running for them,
- Share insightful reports with your clients
Price: Mention’s plans start at $29/month. Build your plan the way you want by requesting a demo.
Zendesk will save you from struggling to keep up with your customer support demands. It is a customer support platform that lets you connect with customers on any channel.
Zendesk provides a full suite of tools that can get your support team up and respond to all of your customers’ needs. It keeps all the communication channels at one place to respond to your emails, phone calls and chats.
- Ticket system software helps collect all your customer support requests
- Knowledge base software helps you create, organize, and share support content
- Community forums because feedback is important
- AI-powered bot that you can use in the Guide module
Price: Pricing varies from product to product – Essential Plan – $5 per Agent/per Month
Before deciding which software to use, consider what fits your team the best. What will the team like using the most? You’ll definitely have a perfect tool for your marketing agency from the above list.