We Love Content! Share Yours?
Contributor Guidelines for Mention’s Blog
Thanks for your interest in writing for the Mention blog!
Guest posts are an excellent opportunity for us to educate our audience on a broader range of topics outside of our team’s expertise while giving other marketers a chance to “borrow our audience.”
Blog posts from our industry friends and colleagues also challenge us to look at our industry and the way we approach our work in a new light.
Call us selfish, but we like learning too.
Below are a few things to keep in mind when submitting an idea for Mention’s blog. Please read the whole document before contacting us. To submit an idea, fill out the application form below.
*Note: please do NOT contact us about link-swapping blog posts or sponsored posts.
What Should You Write About?
Our audience is mainly digital marketing, PR, and communications professionals at agencies and medium-to-large companies.
Topics we prioritize
- Social Media Management — Social media platforms are constantly evolving and many marketers struggle to follow. Share your tips to cope with the latest updates!
- Customer loyalty or customer success — Share exclusive tips to do this well.
- Social Media Services — New social media services that agencies should offer their clients.
- Social Media Monitoring — Any specific event out there we marketers can learn from?
- Crisis management — Any specific crisis out there we marketers can learn from?
- Influencers marketing — Any specific campaign or trend we marketers can learn from?
- PR Trends — Any novelty or experiment you want to share?
- Executive branding
What we expect from your content
Share actionable tips, tools, and valuable strategies.
Give readers advice that they can put to work immediately after reading.
Share unique perspectives on topics that are considered over-saturated, much like social media.
Mention’s typical audience
Mention users — an international crowd of 750k+ marketers and communicators, with a focus on digital marketing agencies and midsize digital marketing departments.
Anyone looking for insights and best practices on social media, media monitoring, and digital marketing.
Guidelines: how to submit your blog post idea
It’s a 2 step process.
1. Fill the form below
This is designed to tell us more about what you’d like to write about on our blog.
If your submission is approved, we’ll contact you via email to let you know that you can start writing your post.
2. Submit your blog post
You need to meet the following quality requirements.
- Submit your post via Google Documents only.
- Aim for a 1,500-2,000 words post.
- Your post should be a well-written original content free of grammatical errors. If we detect plagiarism, you will automatically be rejected.
- Be helpful and informative.
- Self-promotional content won’t be accepted. You can, however, insert one do-follow link to your website in your author bio.
- It’s fine to use your own company as an example/use case — if sharing actual and measurable experiences or lessons, but only if it brings value to the reader
- Use recent and sourced examples to illustrate all the points you make. In the era of fake news, we need to source and back up everything with facts and data.
- We love when guest bloggers find a way to link back to our older posts that relate to the topic you’re writing about.
- Cite any quotes, data, images, or third party content used.
- Explain each of your points with real and measurable examples.
- Illustrate each example with screenshots, videos, social media posts, …
- Do NOT use stock images.
- Title: Each word in the title should be capitalized.
- Subheads: Capitalize only the first word in each subhead.
- Bold any noteworthy points.
- Put punctuation inside quotes. “This is how you would punctuate a quote.”
- We love the Oxford comma. So does Vampire Weekend.
- We use just one space between sentences.
- Capitalize the first word of a bullet point.
- Use subheadings, lists, images, and short paragraphs to break up chunks of text.
- Conclusion: Title your conclusion however you like, as long as it neatly wraps up the post nicely and recaps all points made in the body of the post.
Additional Items Needed:
- A short bio (2-3 sentences).
- Links to your Twitter account and website.
- The email address linked to a Gravatar account.
We appreciate all the shares we can get. Please share your post from your personal social accounts, and your company account if you feel so inclined. 🙂
That’s all, folks!
Due to the high volume of submissions we receive, it may take up to 7 working days for us to respond.
Apply to write for Mention
Be in the know 📥
Sign up for The Mention Memo
Get the latest and greatest digital marketing
+ social media tips every week!